This dinner is inspired. By Kat, by 101 Cookbooks, and by my love of dinner. As I mentioned, the pork and kale combo that I had the other night at Kat and Eric's was very inspirational, and yesterday I picked up some ground pork and kale. This in turn inspired me to make, for the first time ever, meatballs. I had some homemade spaghetti sauce in the fridge that went well with the meatball recipe I found on Apartment Therapy by coincidence (I cut the ingredients down to 1/3 and only used pork). And the kale, well, I just straight-up ripped it off of Kat's menu, down to the extra garlic. And I have leftovers, which I generally enjoy almost more than eating out or finding pennies on the street. Which is saying something. Was it healthy? I would say yes, definitely, with the possible exception of the meatballs - I wish I had done a little more to expunge the grease after they were done cooking. Prolly could've skipped the parmesan, too. Nonetheless, it was deeeeeelicious!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Now we're getting somewhere.
Rosemary pork meatballs with homemade sauce, wheat pasta, and garlicky kale.
This dinner is inspired. By Kat, by 101 Cookbooks, and by my love of dinner. As I mentioned, the pork and kale combo that I had the other night at Kat and Eric's was very inspirational, and yesterday I picked up some ground pork and kale. This in turn inspired me to make, for the first time ever, meatballs. I had some homemade spaghetti sauce in the fridge that went well with the meatball recipe I found on Apartment Therapy by coincidence (I cut the ingredients down to 1/3 and only used pork). And the kale, well, I just straight-up ripped it off of Kat's menu, down to the extra garlic. And I have leftovers, which I generally enjoy almost more than eating out or finding pennies on the street. Which is saying something. Was it healthy? I would say yes, definitely, with the possible exception of the meatballs - I wish I had done a little more to expunge the grease after they were done cooking. Prolly could've skipped the parmesan, too. Nonetheless, it was deeeeeelicious!
This dinner is inspired. By Kat, by 101 Cookbooks, and by my love of dinner. As I mentioned, the pork and kale combo that I had the other night at Kat and Eric's was very inspirational, and yesterday I picked up some ground pork and kale. This in turn inspired me to make, for the first time ever, meatballs. I had some homemade spaghetti sauce in the fridge that went well with the meatball recipe I found on Apartment Therapy by coincidence (I cut the ingredients down to 1/3 and only used pork). And the kale, well, I just straight-up ripped it off of Kat's menu, down to the extra garlic. And I have leftovers, which I generally enjoy almost more than eating out or finding pennies on the street. Which is saying something. Was it healthy? I would say yes, definitely, with the possible exception of the meatballs - I wish I had done a little more to expunge the grease after they were done cooking. Prolly could've skipped the parmesan, too. Nonetheless, it was deeeeeelicious!
Labels:
101 cookbooks,
5 minute sauce,
apartment therapy,
kale,
kat,
meatballs,
pork
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment