Breakfast: Warm and Nutty Cinnamon Quinoa. Since first finding this recipe on 101cookbooks.com ages ago, I've been lusting after it. So I decided it would be a great way to kick off this site, in the spirit of making things interesting. Also, I coincidentally had all of the ingredients (subbing almond slices for pecans). Well, I'm eating it as I write, and I am not too happy. The bitterness of the blackberries is mixing in a really weird way with the earthiness of the quinoa, and there just isn't enough sweetness for my taste. I added some honey along with the agave and an extra splash of milk on top, but still nothin'. Oh, well. It looks pretty and it's filling!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Day One, Meal One
Breakfast: Warm and Nutty Cinnamon Quinoa. Since first finding this recipe on 101cookbooks.com ages ago, I've been lusting after it. So I decided it would be a great way to kick off this site, in the spirit of making things interesting. Also, I coincidentally had all of the ingredients (subbing almond slices for pecans). Well, I'm eating it as I write, and I am not too happy. The bitterness of the blackberries is mixing in a really weird way with the earthiness of the quinoa, and there just isn't enough sweetness for my taste. I added some honey along with the agave and an extra splash of milk on top, but still nothin'. Oh, well. It looks pretty and it's filling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment