A few weeks ago, on a whim, I bought a Velveeta log. Yes, this is what it's really called, and I bought it anyway. I was in the mood for some of Kara's grandma's broccoli casserole, which involves a liberal amount of ignoring one's better judgment. But it's so good! Chopped frozen broccoli, up to 1 log of Velveeta (I used about 2/3 to halfheartedly make it less evil) a few spoonfuls of butter (I used light butter even though I'm trying to use pure European butter exclusively, because I'd already gone whole hog with the Velveeta so what was a little Land'o'Lakes going to do to me now?) and a sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers (also reduced fat). Let me tell you, it was KILLER. So to really dress it up, last night I made baked cornflake-breaded chicken fingers to go with it, and cooked some mushrooms with onion and rosemary. I had mediocre hopes for the chicken because the recipe came from Fitness magazine, but man alive, it was delicious! The picture does not do this meal justice. I also mixed up a little cup of honey mustard dipping sauce. Go, me! This is going to be a good week, I can tell.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Craving: satisfied.
A few weeks ago, on a whim, I bought a Velveeta log. Yes, this is what it's really called, and I bought it anyway. I was in the mood for some of Kara's grandma's broccoli casserole, which involves a liberal amount of ignoring one's better judgment. But it's so good! Chopped frozen broccoli, up to 1 log of Velveeta (I used about 2/3 to halfheartedly make it less evil) a few spoonfuls of butter (I used light butter even though I'm trying to use pure European butter exclusively, because I'd already gone whole hog with the Velveeta so what was a little Land'o'Lakes going to do to me now?) and a sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers (also reduced fat). Let me tell you, it was KILLER. So to really dress it up, last night I made baked cornflake-breaded chicken fingers to go with it, and cooked some mushrooms with onion and rosemary. I had mediocre hopes for the chicken because the recipe came from Fitness magazine, but man alive, it was delicious! The picture does not do this meal justice. I also mixed up a little cup of honey mustard dipping sauce. Go, me! This is going to be a good week, I can tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment