As you might have guessed, I gave up entirely on posting while on vacation. I felt too silly photographing every meal I ate with my brother - although I did take photos of many other ridiculous things, like squirrels doing it, a metro station, and his fiancee's living room window. I just couldn't bring myself to whip out the camera to photograph the tasty moroccan pasta they cooked for me the other night. However, I do have one remaining photo that I'm posting here, to show my efforts: a vegetarian Thanksgiving meal, complete with Quorn turkey, ready-made potatoes, garlic green beans, cranberry sauce, veggie gravy, stuffing, and a Kentucky Derby pie (made by me). I also made trips to La Madeleine in Alexandria's Old Town (think French love child of Cracker Barrel and Au Bon Pain) and Dos Gringos and trysted with a cherry turnover at Heller's (with Liz!!) I'd say the damage was pretty vast. But I sure enjoyed it.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
The Rest of D.C.
As you might have guessed, I gave up entirely on posting while on vacation. I felt too silly photographing every meal I ate with my brother - although I did take photos of many other ridiculous things, like squirrels doing it, a metro station, and his fiancee's living room window. I just couldn't bring myself to whip out the camera to photograph the tasty moroccan pasta they cooked for me the other night. However, I do have one remaining photo that I'm posting here, to show my efforts: a vegetarian Thanksgiving meal, complete with Quorn turkey, ready-made potatoes, garlic green beans, cranberry sauce, veggie gravy, stuffing, and a Kentucky Derby pie (made by me). I also made trips to La Madeleine in Alexandria's Old Town (think French love child of Cracker Barrel and Au Bon Pain) and Dos Gringos and trysted with a cherry turnover at Heller's (with Liz!!) I'd say the damage was pretty vast. But I sure enjoyed it.
Labels:
alexandria,
columbia heights,
d.c.,
dos gringos,
heller's,
la madeleine,
thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment