Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day Two, Meal One


Breakfast: Ham, Egg, and Cheese. Sometimes I sit and think about the habits, good and bad, that I've developed over the course of my life. These thinks don't typically make me feel so hot about myself. Right now, though, I'm thinking about my long-lasting affair with breakfast sandwiches. If I were able to add up the number of ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches I've consumed since moving to New York nine years ago, I think the math would confirm that this is my most-frequently-eaten meal of all time. More than Cheerios, or Kraft macaroni, or peanut butter toast. A lot of hogs have selflessly donated their hind quarters to support this relationship; many chickens have parted with their unfertilized spawn so that I might enjoy a bit of protein commingled with ketchup and a slice of sharp cheddar or American on wheat, a roll, a bagel, an english muffin. Today, to be honest, I am suffering from a bout of pot-luck hangover. Thank you, Pig and Chicken. You've saved the day yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment