Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Desert Island meal.


Breakfast: Peanut butter toast with bananas and honey. I don't usually like the desert island game, where people ask you what or who you would want to have with you if you were stranded. It surprisingly comes up quite a lot though, most recently for me in a job interview, which I royally botched (did they want me to say I'd take the Bible?). But stupid or no, the question of what food I would bring is an easy one. No hesitation: peanut butter toast with honey and bananas. Since the game is ridiculous, I can pretend I have electricity and a toaster, right? Or at least a pan and some fire. This meal has been my favorite sweet breakfast treat since I was a kid - though I very rarely have it anymore. Today I had it (on an English muffin) because I wanted to use half a banana on the verge, and the neglected Crazy Richard's peanut butter jar yelled at me when I opened the fridge. I mean, what else could I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment