Dinner: Pasta, Sausage, and Bean Soup. I dug up this recipe last year after becoming addicted to Au Bon Pain's Pasta e Fagiole soup. It's very similar, though I might still prefer ABP's version if pressed to choose. I tweak it a little bit and substitute chicken sausage and cannelloni beans. Truth be told, since the last time I made this soup I've made other soups that are a little tastier and more robust, but this one's still a great staple because of its simplicity and the fact that it doesn't really require much time. Chop up carrots, onions, celery, and chicken sausages, and throw it in a pot with stock and some herbs, chicken broth, and great northern beans? So easy. And still tasty, and it lasts for days and days! So I would say go for it. This is high soup season, after all.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Soup: On
Dinner: Pasta, Sausage, and Bean Soup. I dug up this recipe last year after becoming addicted to Au Bon Pain's Pasta e Fagiole soup. It's very similar, though I might still prefer ABP's version if pressed to choose. I tweak it a little bit and substitute chicken sausage and cannelloni beans. Truth be told, since the last time I made this soup I've made other soups that are a little tastier and more robust, but this one's still a great staple because of its simplicity and the fact that it doesn't really require much time. Chop up carrots, onions, celery, and chicken sausages, and throw it in a pot with stock and some herbs, chicken broth, and great northern beans? So easy. And still tasty, and it lasts for days and days! So I would say go for it. This is high soup season, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment