Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tofu veggie stir fryyyyyy


Every time I go to yoga, I leave wanting something fresh and healthy for dinner. Luckily, this time I thought ahead and bought some veggies and tofu! In water, I sauteed one sweet potato, three cloves of garlic, one large carrot, half an onion, half a red pepper, and a block of tofu. All chopped, of course. I seasoned with chili powder and paprika, and opted not to go my usual route and add sesame oil. I then had a cup of brown rice with a hearty helping of the veggies and tofu, and a Newtown-Creek-oil-spill-sized over-serving of tahini sauce, and it was very good and filling! And most of all, fresh and healthy. Altogether, this made about four servings. Lunchy leftovers!

I'm off work today, going back tomorrow, and just hit up the grocery store and did some serious damage. I can't NOT buy more food than we need, it's a problem. That said, I can't wait to cook up the food I bought! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment