In an effort to reduce my caloric intake and still enjoy the food I'm eating, I've been doing a little recipe research lately to find some low cal options to things I can't do with out - smoothies, casseroles, etc. etc. etc. So I tried doing my smoothie a new way today, based loosely on this recipe from eatingwell.com. Instead of adding yogurt and soy milk, I stuck with banana, frozen blueberries, tamarind juice, and ice. It was pretty tasty, damn refreshing, and lower in calories: I think I found a winner here! I paired it with half an Arnold whole wheat round with a smear of peanut butter, and a lovely cup of coffee. Yep, good breakfast indeed.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Banana-berry smoothie + peanut buttered toast
In an effort to reduce my caloric intake and still enjoy the food I'm eating, I've been doing a little recipe research lately to find some low cal options to things I can't do with out - smoothies, casseroles, etc. etc. etc. So I tried doing my smoothie a new way today, based loosely on this recipe from eatingwell.com. Instead of adding yogurt and soy milk, I stuck with banana, frozen blueberries, tamarind juice, and ice. It was pretty tasty, damn refreshing, and lower in calories: I think I found a winner here! I paired it with half an Arnold whole wheat round with a smear of peanut butter, and a lovely cup of coffee. Yep, good breakfast indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment