I have been impatiently waiting for the night when Jeremy and I would both be home to enjoy some tasty fish tacos together. Sadly for Jeremy, the fish was not getting any younger, and even though he wasn't around tonight, I decided to make 'em for myself alone! And oh, did they turn out beautifully.
I looked around for a decent recipe that didn't require me to buy anything new, but not finding one, I just winged it. I marinated two tilapia cuts in a splash of olive oil with fresh lime juice, sriracha, and chili powder rubbed in for twenty minutes. Then I grilled them on my handy indoor grill for 4 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other, until they were gorgeous! Just gorgeous.
Meanwhile, I mixed yet another batch of cole slaw (1/4 bag). This time, I left out the vinegar altogether and just added 2T of Smart Beat mayo with a squeezed lime half, salt, ground pepper, and more chili powder. I let it sit for ten minutes or so, while I cut up some onion, shredded a little cheddar, scooped half a fresh avocado, warmed two flour tortillas, and dug the salsa out of the fridge.
Yep, I ate the shit out of them. Don't worry, I cooked enough for Jeremy too, though I kind of doubt he'll get to it in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment