One of the many nice things about living with J. is that he is extremely laid back about food. He'll eat whatever I feel like making and is so easy about it that it took me several years of living here to find out that if pressed, he prefers meat and two veggie-type meals to casseroles. I like them both, but my heart belongs to casseroles, obviously. So I try to mix it up.
Last night, I made this tempeh chili from the Whole Foods recipe site without remembering that Jeremy doesn't like tempeh - it's one of the only things he doesn't like, it seems. Tempeh and apples, and a few other things that normal human beings are into. Anyway, my point is that he ate it and liked it anyway, and so did I. I added a few finely chopped jalapenos to this mix? And WOW. HOT. It even LOOKS hot, doesn't it? Yeah. But I then added corn and a few pasta noodles to temper it, we added a dollop of Chobani 0% yogurt and a wee bit of cheddar to the top, and the heat calmed down a bit. It's going to make good leftovers for this cold, cold March week.
No comments:
Post a Comment