Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nuts over Noodles



I think there may be a direct correlation between the fact that I've eaten pasta for three out of my last four meals and the fact that I am wearing a loose dress with leggings today. I half-blame the fact that I'm terribly broke and trying to eat my fridge and cabinet clean before I go to the store again. So in that respect, I'd call this week a great success! But... well, I am feeling a bit of a fatty. I'll just drift past that fact to the nitty gritty now.

Monday night, I made my standard favorite, the chick pea pasta with spinach and tomato sauce that I first found in Vegetarian Times. You don't need to hear about that old news again, I'm sure, right?

Tuesday... well, yesterday was a bad day. I basically lost my shot at a job I would have been perfect for, got my car towed as an indirect result, missed lunch entirely, walked home 45 minutes, and felt a little sick to top it all off. So on my way home, I took the $20 that my grandpa sent me in the mail and bought myself a box of Annie's rice noodle mac and cheese. And I ate the whole damn thing.



Wednesday. Today. I had leftover chick pea pasta for lunch, went to get my car, and then sat around my apartment wondering what I might dig up to eat tonight other than pasta. Turns out there wasn't anything else worth eating - and that counts considering English muffin pizzas. So, I mixed the last of my asparagus, the rest of last week's homemade tomato sauce, sriracha, and a few tablespoons of goat cheese with some wheat noodles. Turned out quite, quite well!



Tomorrow, I'm ready to kick the carbs to the curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment