Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vegetarian Times times


Chick pea, mushroom, and spinach pasta. Last Christmas, I asked for a subscription to Vegetarian Times, mostly because I prefer to cook vegetarian instead of meat-based meals unless I have a hankering. This dish is one of the few that I've actually gone through with making, although many of them are on my to-do list. It's got a savory-spicy kick to it, is filling, uses my favorite veggies, and what else do I really need in a dinner? I don't bake the noodles, because when I tried it last time, I kinda ruined them. I also use Sriracha instead of harissa and saffron, so it isn't really loyal to the recipe, but it sure is tasty. I would say that the 2 cups of water seem excessive - maybe 1 would suffice. Also, I just added a glob of Emmental cheese on top because I couldn't help myself, and it added... something. I don't know exactly what. But I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment