Well, I really outdid myself tonight, kids. Inspired by a summer meal that was made for me by a Venezuelan, I went with my heart at the grocery store today and it paid off. I made grilled tilapia marinated with lemon and pepper, Alton Brown's salted fingerling potatoes with chives (I only ate half of what's shown here), sauteed kale with smoked paprika (the onions fell on the floor, hence no onions), and grape tomatoes with olive oil, sea salt, chili pepper flakes, fresh basil, and avocado. Whiz, bang! This was a healthy dinner, comprised of good fats, some starch, and veggies. And really, the whole thing took me all of twenty minutes of actual prep time. This one's going on the list of meals to make when people come over.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
O! Tilapia!
Well, I really outdid myself tonight, kids. Inspired by a summer meal that was made for me by a Venezuelan, I went with my heart at the grocery store today and it paid off. I made grilled tilapia marinated with lemon and pepper, Alton Brown's salted fingerling potatoes with chives (I only ate half of what's shown here), sauteed kale with smoked paprika (the onions fell on the floor, hence no onions), and grape tomatoes with olive oil, sea salt, chili pepper flakes, fresh basil, and avocado. Whiz, bang! This was a healthy dinner, comprised of good fats, some starch, and veggies. And really, the whole thing took me all of twenty minutes of actual prep time. This one's going on the list of meals to make when people come over.
Labels:
alton brown,
fingerling potatoes,
kale,
smitten kitchen,
tilapia,
tomato salad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment