You might recognize this meal. It's very similar to the meal I ate last Friday at the Jivamukti Cafe, which was so good that I sought to replicate it. This meal consists of spicy tempeh (which I seasoned with curry powder and impulsively, cinnamon, which turned out all right!), steamed zucchini and carrots, tomato and basil salad, and Israeli couscous with tahini sauce. I was pretty pleased with myself, as I so often am, though this venture did cost me my last dollars. It was healthy, though. A nice follow-up to the yoga class I took at the Y, which felt so much more my speed than Bikram. This broke situation has "inspired" me to cook using things I already have in my apartment, so today I'm going to make a weekly menu that uses only things I already own. So that should be... fun. Maybe. I like to impulse menu-shop.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Vegan yum yum
You might recognize this meal. It's very similar to the meal I ate last Friday at the Jivamukti Cafe, which was so good that I sought to replicate it. This meal consists of spicy tempeh (which I seasoned with curry powder and impulsively, cinnamon, which turned out all right!), steamed zucchini and carrots, tomato and basil salad, and Israeli couscous with tahini sauce. I was pretty pleased with myself, as I so often am, though this venture did cost me my last dollars. It was healthy, though. A nice follow-up to the yoga class I took at the Y, which felt so much more my speed than Bikram. This broke situation has "inspired" me to cook using things I already have in my apartment, so today I'm going to make a weekly menu that uses only things I already own. So that should be... fun. Maybe. I like to impulse menu-shop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment