Another day of Bikram awaits me today, so I started off with a late, hearty breakfast of my usual scramble (with two eggs today), one Morningstar maple sausage (so delicious!), and a slice of preservative-free wheat toast with blueberry jam and a bit of butter (which always reminds me of my breakfasts in Paris). The other day, by the end of the class I was feeling beyond light-headed, and I attributed at least part of that to having not eaten enough in the morning. In a word, Bikram is HARD. I felt very inadequate, weak, and unhealthy. But I also felt hopeful, when I looked around the room at the others, that I might someday get the hang of it. Each of them had a first class too, and they came back, and can now balance on one foot while squatting with the other foot wrapped around their necks, so what the hell, why shouldn't I give it a fair shake? Since the class gets out at 3, and then I will be volunteering afterward, I won't really eat lunch today. It's tough for me to snap out of my three-meals-a-day habit, but I'm pretty sure it won't kill me.
Geez, I keep posting breakfast pictures. Maybe I should mix it up a little...
No comments:
Post a Comment