Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cozy home lunch


Last night, I decided to participate in an online social workout network called, in fact, socialworkout.com. Part of the challenge is fitness, part is diet, and part is mental health. All of these things are on my list for daily focus, so I'm giving it a go. In fact, looking over the checklist reaffirmed that I have ALREADY been making efforts toward better health that I was not doing a year ago, wasn't even aware of, so in that sense it's great to know I'm already on the right track. At the same time, I get to try new things and put myself up to another standard greater than my own. I hope to stick with it.

Anyway, to keep this short, one of the "feats" that must be accomplished within the 30-day challenge that I've started is to eat fish three days a week. So today, I had a can of tuna seasoned with salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of SmartBeat mayo, along with my 1 cup of carrot mac and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Five hours later, I'm still full - this is a good thing. Usually in the afternoon I get so hungry for a snack, but not today.

Was going to go to yoga tonight but because I'm feeling whiny, I decided to try out Wii Fit for the first time instead, and count that as my workout. I guess it wasn't really strenuous, but it was fun! As you continue, you add more challenges to it, so I will keep it up on days I don't go to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment