Well, there's no sense trying to pretend. I know I've blown off this blog all week, big time. It's been kind of a nutty week, you might say, and I have been eating out a lot. In part because there isn't much left in my fridge and I don't want to buy more food... and in part because of all the hoopla. See, I got engaged on Thursday night! I, while not shocked by the thought of a deeper commitment to my six-year-long relationship, was quite surprised in the moment! He knocked on the door, pretending to be the landlord, and leading me to think about pretending I wasn't there. Instead, I did answer the door, and on the other side was a guy with a ring - my guy, with my ring. I'm resisting the urge to use an emoticon here, people... I feel so great, it's really better than I even expected to feel! Yesterday, walking around the city, I really felt that everyone was staring at me because of my ring and my glow. I think it was imagined, but that feeling was pretty cool.
So, I have eaten out every meal since Thursday, basically. Oh, and I also had a job interview on Friday morning at 9am - that was another exciting event. It could have gone badly (just engaged, unprepared, couldn't sleep, couldn't catch a cab, had coffee breath like nobody's business) but I think it went very well. I feel confident! All in all, it's a good week to be me, I'd say.
Tonight, we're going to Kat and Eric's to celebrate the holidays / ourselves, and beforehand I'll be making a spicy tomato sauce to serve with pasta and shrimp, and of course, kale. It's snowing outside, the light is warm and inviting in my living room, Sylvie is right here dozing, it's almost Christmas, and life is good. Ah.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment