Lunch: Vegetable almost-kinda-chili. Yesterday, I was thinking about soups, and how I need to have more of them in my life. But as I looked through my soup recipes, none of them really jumped out at me. I wanted chili. So I made chili today, although I guess it might not count as chili in the technical sense... I just throw a bunch of onions, green bell peppers, kidney beans, chopped jalapenos, corn, canned chopped tomatoes, and a packet of taco seasoning into a pot and simmer 'til soft. It's always been one of my cheap, easy, go-to meals when I want something savory but not unhealthy. I added a pinch of Mexican shredded cheese (whatever that means) and fat-free Saltines to cut down the heat on this stuff - it is H.O.T. I guess that's what makes it chili. But a cup is all you need to get you through, so this will be my lunch for about a week to come.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Chili on a chilly Tuesday.
Lunch: Vegetable almost-kinda-chili. Yesterday, I was thinking about soups, and how I need to have more of them in my life. But as I looked through my soup recipes, none of them really jumped out at me. I wanted chili. So I made chili today, although I guess it might not count as chili in the technical sense... I just throw a bunch of onions, green bell peppers, kidney beans, chopped jalapenos, corn, canned chopped tomatoes, and a packet of taco seasoning into a pot and simmer 'til soft. It's always been one of my cheap, easy, go-to meals when I want something savory but not unhealthy. I added a pinch of Mexican shredded cheese (whatever that means) and fat-free Saltines to cut down the heat on this stuff - it is H.O.T. I guess that's what makes it chili. But a cup is all you need to get you through, so this will be my lunch for about a week to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment