Dinner: Chicken sausage, pierogies, kale, bean spinach stuff, and cottage cheese. This is a meal I used to make for myself all the time, but had forgotten about until I ran into a few pierogies in the grocery store. I ran back to grab some basil chicken sausage, white beans, and baby portobellos (naturally I already had the kale and cottage cheese). The beauty of this meal is its relative simplicity, despite all the different components. The beans, mushrooms, and 5 cloves of garlic are blended in a processor until smooth. The sausages were sliced 3/4 through and then grilled in a pan along with the pierogies. The kale was prepared with garlic, olive oil, and pepper flakes. All in all, it took about ten minutes to put together. And despite waking up with the taste of garlic still strong in my mouth, I would say it was a great success!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Bit o' Poland
Dinner: Chicken sausage, pierogies, kale, bean spinach stuff, and cottage cheese. This is a meal I used to make for myself all the time, but had forgotten about until I ran into a few pierogies in the grocery store. I ran back to grab some basil chicken sausage, white beans, and baby portobellos (naturally I already had the kale and cottage cheese). The beauty of this meal is its relative simplicity, despite all the different components. The beans, mushrooms, and 5 cloves of garlic are blended in a processor until smooth. The sausages were sliced 3/4 through and then grilled in a pan along with the pierogies. The kale was prepared with garlic, olive oil, and pepper flakes. All in all, it took about ten minutes to put together. And despite waking up with the taste of garlic still strong in my mouth, I would say it was a great success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment