Tuesday's Lunch: Turkey, swiss, apple, and honey mustard on whole grain. Yesterday, I got myself very worked up and excited about going to this local natural deli, Forest Natural, for a sandwich. I never go out for these sorts of indulgences anymore, but since I had cash in pocket (and the promise of more today) I decided what the hell. It was not worth it. There's something to be said for atmosphere - and from my own just-rolled-out-of-bed clothing (sans bra) to the weird lack of beverages and chips, it was downright off-kilter. I found myself wishing I had my $7 back. The sandwich was only okay. What kind of deli only serves sandwiches on heroes?
Today, I'm off for a day of hard labor (not likely) setting up a pop-up store for a friend's company for some easy money. I anticipate a free lunch - do you know how much I love a free lunch, especially on Grand Street where the options are pretty appealing? More than a free breakfast bagel tray, and that's saying a lot. I'm also just excited to be up and at 'em like a normal working person, waiting for the bus with a coffee and a book. It's been awhile.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment