Usually, when making breakfast for Jeremy and me, I will just make scrambled eggs or an omelet. He's not into sweet breakfasts, and I don't really crave them the way I do a nice stack of bacon. But after seeing the picture attached to this recipe for pain perdu from Cooking Light, my tune was changed. This was a nice, tasty take on french toast, which in my childhood involved no cinnamon, no vanilla, no powdered sugar - just eggs and milk and syrup. There was, in the end, a LOT of sugar in this breakfast - but for a one-off, I shan't complain. Two thumbs up.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Pain Perdu
Usually, when making breakfast for Jeremy and me, I will just make scrambled eggs or an omelet. He's not into sweet breakfasts, and I don't really crave them the way I do a nice stack of bacon. But after seeing the picture attached to this recipe for pain perdu from Cooking Light, my tune was changed. This was a nice, tasty take on french toast, which in my childhood involved no cinnamon, no vanilla, no powdered sugar - just eggs and milk and syrup. There was, in the end, a LOT of sugar in this breakfast - but for a one-off, I shan't complain. Two thumbs up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment