Friday, April 16, 2010

Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry


I know I've posted this one before, but in keeping with the original idea of this blog, and to show off my ever-increasingly-international diet, I will post again.

I made this curry from Cooking Light with more sweet potatoes and less chicken. Somehow, this time the chicken just fell apart after being cooked for an hour and was so tender and savory, I was very pleased with the end texture. I did forget the peas, but I don't think it matters since I didn't notice until well after I'd eaten. I also mixed cooked basmati rice into the pot this time instead of serving this ON rice, so that I could use less of it but still maintain the flavor and texture of a rice dish. And I added a healthy squirt of Sriracha. Because I'm me.

It made for very good leftovers today. Mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment