Saturday, April 10, 2010

New And Improved Lite Breakfast Sandwich!



Since a trip to Trader Joe's last week, I've been happy as a pig in shit every morning as I sit and eat these lovely breakfast sandwiches. These are not innovative in content, not by a long shot; and they also go against any inkling to ignore processed foods. But I've lost three pounds this week somehow, so whatever.

Basically I bought TJ's light wheat bread (40 calories a slice), light cheddar cheese (70 calories a slice), organic easy eggwhites (25 calories a splash), and heavenly light ham (20 frigging calories a slice, which I halve). What confounds me is how each of the ingredients tastes so NOT lowfat. So altogether I'm looking at a sandwich that's filling, rich, delicious, and a general abomination at 200 calories (with ketchup).

TJ's did not pay me to say any of this. But they can if they want to...

No comments:

Post a Comment