Friday, February 26, 2010

BBQ Don't


Today's dinner just did not turn out well. Every element was somehow wrong, wrong, wrong. This never happens to me! But since it's just a dinner and not an Olympic competition, I can let it go, see?

I had this seitan in the fridge, and a bottle of BBQ sauce in the cupboard. With these in mind, I created a meal around these elements, and made slaw and sweet potato fries, and bought buns that looked delicious. Well, to break it down simply, the BBQ was way too tart, the slaw was made differently than the way I usually make it and it was too creamy and gross, and the sweet potato fries were too salty by a mile. And the buns had RAISINS in them! Why there wasn't a warning label, I'll never know. Anyway, I see no reason to write down the steps I took in making this meal, since I will never make it again, and anyone else reading this shouldn't either.

Snowed in again today, and not sure what I might have to eat. The possibilities are limited, even though I have cabinets and a fridge and freezer full of food. Maybe I need to open my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment